Friday, October 24, 2008

October 23rd - Happy Friday!

This week’s verse: Phil 4:6-7 – “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

I keep this verse on my refrigerator to remind me not to worry but instead pray about my concerns and anxieties especially as we continue along our journey with adoption. It is definitely not a process or journey that you can control as there are so many unknowns. For someone like me (a “worry wart”), I have come to realize that there is no way I can control everything, but instead I have to just pray and have faith it will all turn out as designed.

I would like to ask you all for thoughts and prayers for a baby to be born in February 2009. Please pray for the health and protection of this little one. As I have mentioned before, we are notified of situations from time to time and always feel that each one needs thoughts and prayers even if they are not supposed to be our child. This past week has been encouraging for us and we hope to be able to share positive news with everyone soon. Please just keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we make decisions and interact with the people involved in our life story.

On another note, tomorrow is another long run and we need your positive thoughts as it is supposed to be cold and rainy. Yuck! I am already letting the running “gremlins” (as referred to by one of our coaches – code name for negative thoughts) enter my head. I am trying to stay positive and look forward to the run, but the only thing that seems to be helping is the burger and fries I plan to eat afterwards. (Five Guys – Here we come!! I love that place - you have to try one if you haven't yet! The burgers are out of this world. Can you believe I used to be a pseudo-vegetarian? Black beans are no longer a staple in my cupboard.)

We hope everyone has a great weekend!! Recipes to come – I promise!

As always, thank you for your endless support!!

Love,
Christy and Malcolm
lovingparents@live.com

1 comment:

JJ said...

I just want you to know that I have been thinking about you guys even though I have been out of touch lately! I am praying for February 2009!! I love you guys!