Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5th - Prayer Request

I hope this post finds everyone well. To start, I am so thankful for a beautiful weekend! We encountered a new experience this weekend. Where have I been? Did you know that there are urgent cares or more appropriately called “Redi Clinics” inside of Wal-Marts? Am I the only person that did not know of this creative invention? Malcolm had heard of them and recommended that I go to one to get some antibiotics for a sinus infection I have been battling for weeks now. Anyway, this clinic visit was an experience in itself. I have to say that the nurse practitioner on duty was a saint. Amidst a full waiting area of disgruntled sick patients, she remained calm and collected the whole time I was there. However, she did state that she had only started her shift 30 minutes earlier. I wonder if her calm and collected state lasted for the entire shift. If so, she should receive a medal or something. Anyway, I thought I would share with you all a new experience for me. Hopefully, I will be back to my old self in a few days.

On to the topic of this posting, I wanted to write to ask for prayers for a little baby girl born 3 weeks ago. We got a call from an agency we are working with about a precious girl who was born weighing only 2 pounds. The birth mother drank throughout her pregnancy. I am assuming quite heavily, but do not know for a fact. The baby now weighs 3 pounds, but a scan has revealed some lobe impairment. She did not have a lot of details at time we spoke. The baby was undergoing further tests this week. The adoptive parents that were lined up to adopt/parent this little girl backed out when the scan revealed some potential abnormalities. Now, in writing this post, I am not saying that we are going to adopt this little girl. We told the agency we would be willing to get more information as well as other potential couples. I just feel like no matter who adopts her or what lies ahead for her, she needs prayer right now that her biological mother’s choices do not affect the rest of her life. I just pray that God will protect her and heal her if there are in fact some abnormalities. Aside from the results from the scan, she appears to be progressing normally or as normal as you can at a birth weight of 2 pounds. It just breaks our heart that a mother could make such choices even if she does not plan on keeping the child. However, we realize that a lot of birth mothers who choose an adoption plan for their child are in a state of crisis. Thus, many times they are not making the best choices for their well-being let alone their unborn child. With that said, we wanted to reach out to each of you to keep this little one in your prayers and ask for protection and healing.

We thank you all for your continued support!

Love,
Christy and Malcolm
lovingparents@live.com

No comments: