Sunday, September 21, 2008

September 21st - Amazing Grace

The title fits the sermon and my sentiment today. I am so thankful for HIS amazing, unending grace. Also, I am thankful for my husband. He is so life giving to me and I know with all my heart that he will be an amazing father some day - hopefully, sooner rather than later. I think that is one of the more difficult aspects of infertility (whatever the reason) and long journey to adopt a child - watching your spouse (my husband) want to have a child more than anything and not being able to make it happen. However, this adoption journey has already brought about many reasons to be thankful. One of those being that it has drawn us closer together as a couple. It is amazing when I am discouraged and down, he is upbeat, positive and full of encouragement. Whereas, at times he is down (although, not very often), I am able to be the encourager and positive one.

To provide a little insight to the father my husband will be someday, I was talking with a friend earlier and she shared with me this story. We met her, her husband and daughter (and soon to arrive son) about a month or so ago. We have been over to their house and seen them a handful of times. One of the places we first saw them was at our favorite bagel shop - Einstein Brothers. Now, every time they go to the bagel shop on Saturday mornings, their daughter asks where we are and they have to explain that we don't live there (although, we practically do - coffee and bagels - that combination screams my name. :) ). This past Saturday, they went to get bagels and we weren't there, but they happened to see me running on the way back. Their daughter proceeded to ask "Where was Malcolm"? She then went on to say that while she really liked me (she is 3 1/2 years old), Malcolm was her favorite. She said that Malcolm was her best friend and she was really sad that she didn't get to see him. When my friend told me this story, my heart just melted. Malcolm has such a way with kids and they just love him. (It might be the fact that he is a kid at heart - just kidding, honey! :) ). Anyway, it reiterated to me once again that he is going to make an awesome father!! I can not wait for the day when he can call himself a "Dad".

On the marketing front (for lack of a better word), we are working to update our profile and are planning to send it out to physicians (OB-GYNs primarily). Ideally, we would like to send our profile out to physicians that are personally recommended by friends or family members. We have found that if there is some type of connection, the physician might feel more comfortable passing along our profile to a birthmother or birthparents that are choosing an adoption plan for their child. With that said, if anyone can recommend a physician(s) that we could send along our profile, please let us know. (You can contact us at lovingparents@live.com).

We can't thank you enough for your continued support throughout our adoption journey.

Love,
Christy (and Malcolm)
lovingparents@live.com

No comments: