Sunday, September 14, 2008

September 14th - Pressing Toward The Goal

Phil 3:13: .....I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.

This verse really applies to all aspects of my life, but especially applies as we are looking forward to the day when we will be parents. Today, I have found solitude in this verse in more ways than one. Sundays tend to be a day of reflection for obvious reasons, but also because we all tend to slow down a bit and have time to reflect on the past week and the week ahead of us. I can tend to get weary and impatient about the thorns in my life right now - one of those being the adoption process not happening fast enough. Today, I came upon this verse and feel that it really speaks to me (both of us). We are making the decision to "Press Toward the Goal" - focus our energies not on the past, but what lies ahead. God has good things planned for us and we are choosing to focus on this promise.

We have posted a slideshow of sorts and/or our profile under the category named Favorite Websites and Pictures so, please feel free to take a look at it. The pictures are older so, we need to update them. (I wish my friends that are photographers lived closer so, they could help in this area. :) ). Also, I was remiss in mentioning earlier, but please feel free to pass along this blog to anyone that you may know that would be interested in our journey and/or could potentially come in contact with potential birthmothers or parents. We are hoping this blog will not only help us stay connected with family and friends, but also connect us with the birthmother/parents that will choose us to parent their child.

Thank you all for supporting us along our journey.

Love,
Christy and Malcolm
lovingparents@live.com
www.longingtobeparents.shutterfly.com

No comments: