Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th - A Day of Remembrance

Boy, this week has flown by as this is the first opportunity I have had to sit down and post. Once again, I had wanted to make more progress on the blog display this week than I have done. However, this project will happen in due time. We have definitely learned the art of patience in going through the adoption process. It is all in HIS time and we have had to learn to rest in that reassurance. We have heard from so many of you that have encouraged us and reminded us of that. Before I forget, we thank you all for your support, encouragement and prayers. It means more to us than words can express.

Typically, I do not have to travel for work, but today of all days I flew to Kansas City with a lay over in Detroit. I found myself reflecting on the horrific events that occurred 7 years ago today. I am so thankful to all those heros on that day. My prayer today has been for all those who were directly affected by the events of that sad day. Although, I know every one of us was affected, but I find myself grieving all over for the families and friends that lost loved ones. I also pray that God continues to watch over and protect our country. As we so want to start a family and raise a child or children in this world, I feel myself praying more and more for our country. I want our child/children to grow up in a country that provides a safe haven for them.

In the midst of my travels today, I spoke with a Christian agency about a potential opportunity. I know the word "opportunity" sounds so trivial or inappropriate to describe a baby. I stop myself many times when I use this term to describe a precious life. However, we have come to grips with the fact that each child that becomes available for adoption is not always meant for us. We have submitted our profile approximately a dozen or more times and each situation or "opportunity" do not always end up moving forward. Obviously, the situations that did move forward with a birthmother or parent choosing us did not end up in a child for us, but we know it is in God's time. Back to my point, there is an opportunity that has come up through an out-of-state agency. The next step is to submit our profile along with many other potential adoptive parents and the birthmother (in this case) will choose an adoptive couple that she feels would be best suited to parent her child. As you might guess, we do get our hopes up each time and say alot of prayers, but know it will work out when it is "our" child.

Again, many thanks to each of you for your support during our journey. It has been so wonderful to hear from friends and family we have not had the opportunity to speak with in some time.

I plan on posting our adoption profile soon (....once I figure out how to perform that function :) ). Please feel free to pass it along to anyone that may come in contact with birthmothers and/or parents who may choose an adoption plan for their child.

Love,
Christy (and Malcolm)

4 comments:

mandyc said...

Malcolm and Christy,
Thank you for sharing this very special blog with us. You are in our thoughts & prayers daily, and we send you sooo much love from Memphis.
Chip, Mandy & Hannah

JJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JJ said...

Hey Chat! I apparently can't spell so I deleted my last message. I am praying for you and Malc! Oh, and BTW - I clicked on the link for Mauro Family, and it went to a totally different Mauro. Just thought I would let you know. Our blog address is www.jenniferjonesmauro.blogspot.com

Steel Magnolia said...

Praying for ya'll each and every day. This was an awesome post!!